Chemotherapy in elderly patients with metastatic gastric cancer; a single Turkish cancer center experience

Bilir C. | Engin H. | Bakkal, Bekir Hakan | Ilikhan S.U. | Malkoç D.

Article | 2013 | Medicinski Glasnik10 ( 2 ) , pp.298 - 303

Aim To analyze the results of chemotherapy applied at the Bülent Ecevit University School of Medicine, Department of Medical Oncology, to elderly patients with metastatic gastric cancer (GC). Methods The study retrospectively investigated hospital records including pathological reports, imaging records, chemotherapy regimens, response and toxicity profile. All patients received systemic chemotherapy for pathologically proven metastatic GC at the Bülent Ecevit University School of Medicine, Department of Medical Oncology. Results From 2005 to 2012, 23 metastatic GC patients older than 70 years were treated with systemic chemotherapy . . .as a first-line therapy. As the first-line chemotherapy, 17 (74%) patients received polychemotherapy and the remaining six (26%) patients received monotherapy. Overall, 113 cycles were administered. The median progression free survival (PFS) for the first-line chemotherapy was 6 months (95% CI, 0-16) and the median overall survival (OS) was 14 months (95% CI, 3-30). Multivariate analysis revealed that decreased OS was significantly associated with poor Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status (p=0.045), elevated carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) levels at the diagnosis time (p = 0.040) and decreased number of chemotherapy cycles (p=0.019) with R-Sq (adj) = 41, 6%. One patient had a complete response with docetaxel, cisplatin and fluorouracil combined (DCF) regimen and had 12 months of disease free survival (DFS). Conclusion This is the first study investigating the outcomes of chemotherapy in Turkish elderly metastatic GC patients. Docetaxel, cisplatin and fluorouracil combination were the most common regimen, which is a tolerable and effective choice in elderly patients who had good performance status Daha fazlası Daha az

Ovarian cancer during pregnancy

Barut A. | Arikan I. | Barut F. | Harma M. | Harma M.I. | Payasli B.

Article | 2011 | Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association61 ( 9 ) , pp.914 - 916

The frequency of cancer during pregnancy is approximately 1 per 1000 live births. This rate may increase as more women postpone childbirth until later in life, when cancer becomes more frequent. Pregnancy affectsmanagement of the cancer, and the cancer affects the management of pregnancy. The most common malignancies, in order of frequency, are breast cancer, leukaemia and lymphomas as a group, melanoma, gynaecologic cancers, and bone tumours. Ovarian tumours are found in about 1 in 1000 pregnancies and 3-6% of these are malignant. Thus, ovarian cancer occurs in approximately 1 in 12,500-25,000 pregnancies. Here, we report a case of . . . ovarian mucinous carcinoma that was diagnosed at 22 weeks of gestation. After conservative surgery, she was given three cycles of carboplatin chemotherapy. She delivered at 33 weeks of gestation and after undergoing surgery she was given six cycles of paclitaxel and carboplatin chemotherapy. The patient is now being followed by the oncology department with no evidence of disease Daha fazlası Daha az

6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu kapsamında yükümlülüklerimiz ve çerez politikamız hakkında bilgi sahibi olmak için alttaki bağlantıyı kullanabilirsiniz.

Bu site altında yer alan tüm kaynaklar Creative Commons Alıntı-GayriTicari-Türetilemez 4.0 Uluslararası Lisansı ile lisanslanmıştır.